Spring is widely referred to as a time of re-awakening. As the flowers start to bloom and the temperatures rise, we shed the stagnation and layers of Winter -both literally and figuratively, and begin to feel naturally lighter and more energised. As we peel off the layers of clothing, we do the same with skin. For radiant skin, try this simple homemade treatment to rejuvenate Winter skin and usher in Spring. Pamper yourself with a Coconut Rose Petal Sugar Scrub that is natural, fragrant, exfoliating and ultra-hydrating. Wash away Winter and get your glow back!
Rose Petal Sugar Scrub, Oh the sweet, smell of Roses! The fragrance and the romance surrounding them is legendary. Now you can capture it in this lovely beauty recipe that truly delivers. Not only will this decadent treatment slough away Winter’s dry skin, but it will also nourish the new skin beneath, leaving you soft, glowing, and smelling divine. A Scentsational Spring Indulgence!
- organic coarse raw brown sugar
- organic unrefined virgin coconut oil
- Petals from one fragrant organic rose
- jojoba oil
- canning jar of choice
- Start by scooping some coconut oil into the bottom of the jar -fill approximately 1/3 of jar. For this recipe the oil should be at room temperature, which is indicated by its buttery-like texture.
- Next, place your rose petals into the jar on top of the coconut oil.
- Then fill the rest of the jar with brown sugar. Drizzle your jojoba oil on top of the sugar and let it seep down to your rose petals -approximately 1 tablespoon. Then top it off with a bit more jojoba oil.
- Now secure the lid onto the jar and let it sit so the oils can soak into the petals. This scrub is best made a couple of days before you plan to use it.
- When you’re ready to use it, take a spoon and crush the ingredients within the jar mixing the layers. The coarse sugar will break up the rose petals -which will continue to happen as you rub the scrub onto skin. Scoop out a small amount of scrub from jar, combine with water and use a gentle motion to buff away dead skin cells on the body. Take some time to enjoy the scent and sensation, let the oils soak into the skin, breathe deeply, and rinse. Ritual of well-being. Enjoy!
- Measurement guide: Amounts can be adjusted depending on the size of your jar, each layer of coconut oil, rose petals & sugar should take up 1/3 of the jar proportionally for best results.
- Coconut oil is my favorite year-round go-to skin-loving multi-use product. Find a high-quality organic unrefined virgin coconut oil you like, and it will become your most indispensable and beneficial beauty and beyond product. Its flavor, aroma, versatility and health benefits are all outstanding.