Herbal Facial Steam, As the seasons transition, helping the skin find balance is key. Skin often needs a little damage control. Celebrate the Summer Solstice this weekend by treating yourself to a home-spa facial to help mitigate the changing seasons. An easy at-home facial can help keep skin happy and balanced. Start with a light exfoliating cleanser, followed by a hydrating facial steam made from remedying, astringent herbs. This herbal steam -with soothing Chamomile, antibacterial Lavender and healing Rose, will help to gently purge the pores of accumulated toxins and buildup. Restore the skin and soothe the senses!
- ¼ cup dried lavender flowers
- ½ cup dried chamomile flowers
- ¾ cup dried rose petals
- ½ cup dried comfrey leaves
- Place all of the herbs in a mixing bowl and toss until you have a uniform blend. Transfer to a jar, label and cap tightly. Store jar in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight -will keep up to two years.
- Boil four cups of water, then remove from heat. Stir 2 tablespoons of herbs into the water. Cover and let stand for five minutes.
- Clean your face. Bring the pot to a table, and make a tent over the pot and the back of your head with a towel to create a mini-steam room.
- Hover over the steaming pot at least eight inches away with your eyes closed. If the steam is too hot, let some of the steam out and move your face a bit farther away from the steam.
- Breathe deeply, relaxing for five to 15 minutes. Restoration!