When we think about Autumn, there is a color that quickly comes to mind: Orange. That being said, Autumn Maple is a hue that is one of the top color trends each Fall season, an Artful Living Blog perennial favorite for introducing dazzling warmth into any palette. A quintessential Autumn shade that blends Tawny and Russet, and instantly infuses any outfit or home with energy and vitality. A rich, textured color that looks good enough to eat!
More than any other color in the palette, Autumn Maple tells a visual story through its expressive Fall coloration. It speaks of sleepy maple trees with leaves that hang low, exhausted from the Summer sun, exuding an Orangey-Brown glow that compliments the seasonal changes with a storyteller’s touch.
Lots of brands are embracing the beloved Autumn Maple look this season. A surprisingly versatile hue, it is one that you can integrate into your everyday wardrobe, for it has a sporty feel to it, and can be dressed up for a sartorially sublime occasion. This warm shade in various tones radiates optimism, and brings depth and refinement to any look or interior design project.
Keep the color going in your Fall garden with a combination of annuals and perennials with an Autumn Maple color scheme. For the perfect late-season bloomer, you can’t go wrong with Fall Mums, perfect for mass plantings with their domes of rich, jewel-tone colors, and tight, mounded habit and stunning bloom cover. To get the maximum effect from far away, stick to only one or two colors. A large grouping of Mums can awaken any drab Fall landscape.
Pumpkin Butter’s festive taste and intoxicating aroma make it a Fall classic. The name is a little deceiving because there’s actually no butter in the recipe, but you use it like a spread or jam. It tastes like delicious pumpkin pie -sweet, rich, and full of flavor. The look + taste of Fall! It’s also vegan and gluten-free. Plus, it’s fun and easy to prepare. As you might expect, this packs well and makes a handsome Autumn Maple gift. Just don’t forget to make a batch for yourself! It also keeps in the fridge for a few weeks and freezes well so you can make it now to share, and have one on hand to savor the season. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup organic almond milk
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- pinch of sea salt
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- Simmer the mixture on a low heat until it thickens ensuring to stir it constantly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. It should take approx 20-30 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, sterilize a canning jar by washing it in very hot soapy water, rinse thoroughly and dry in a low oven for about 15 minutes. In the last 5 minutes put the lid in the oven.
- When the butter has sufficiently thickened transfer to the jar & screw the lid on immediately.
- Decorate with burlap twine and label and tag for gifting.